- Hill LT. Gut dysfunction in the critically ill - mechanisms and clinical implications. S Afr J Crit Care 2013;29(1):11-15. DOI:10.7196/SAJCC.148
- Hill LT, Kidson SH, Michell WL Corticotropin-releasing factor is present in intestinal tissue of patients with gastrointestinal dysfunction following traumatic abdominal injury and shock Nutrition. 2013 Apr;29(4):650-4. doi: 10.1016/j.nut.2012.11.016.
- Hill LT, Kidson SH, Michell WL Corticotropin-releasing factor: a possible key to gut dysfunction in the critically ill. Nutrition. 2013 Feb 25. doi:pii: S0899-9007(13)00012-9. 10.1016/j.nut.2012.12.023. [Epub ahead of print]
- Miller N, Miller M, Hill LT. The impact of antioxidant supplementation on clinical outcomes in the critically ill: a meta-analysis S Afr J Crit Care 2013;29(1):18-26. DOI:10.7196/SAJCC.149
- Hill LT, Hill B, Miller M, Michell WL. The effect of intra-abdominal hypertension on gastrointestinal function. S Afr J Crit Care July 2011; 27(1): 12-19
- James MF, Michell WL, Joubert IA, Nicol AJ, Navsaria PH, Gillespie RS. Resuscitation with hydroxyethyl starch improves renal function and lactate clearance in penetrating trauma in a randomized controlled study: the FIRST trial (Fluids in Resuscitation of Severe Trauma). Br J Anaesth. 2011;107(5):693-702.
- Michell W L Malpractice in the intensive care unit. S Af J Crit Care 2011;27:
- Michell W L. Nosocomial infection in South African intensive care units (editorial). S Afr J Crit Care. 2010;26(1):4
- Miller MGA, Michell WL. Intra-abdominal hypertension and the abdominal compartment syndrome. S Af J Crit Care. 2007;23:17-23.
Abstracts and Conference presentations
- K Katundu, LT Hill, LM Davids, IA Joubert, M Miller, JL Piercy, WL Michell Vitamin C status, oxidative stress, hyperglycaemia and fluid and inotrope requirements in patients with septic shock. Abstract submitted to WFSICCM Conference, Durban Aug 2013
- LT Hill, K Katundu, LM Davids, IA Joubert, M Miller, JL Piercy, WL Michell Endothelial dysfunction is associated with oxidative stress and illness severity in septic shock. Abstract submitted to WFSICCM Conference, Durban Aug 2013
- Hill LT, Katundu K, Adam F, Davids LM, Joubert I, Miller M, Piercy J, Michell WL. Oxidative stress and vitamin C status in septic shock. SAJCC Aug 2012 vol 28 no1:33
- Hill LT, Miller N, Miller M, Michell WL. Antioxidant supplementation in the critically ill - a systematic review. SAJCC July 2011 Vol 27 no 1: 24
- Hill LT, Eastman L, Miller M, Michell WL. Hypoglycaemic episodes in critically ill patients being managed with an insulin infusion protocol: a prospective study. SAJCC July 2011 Vol 27 no 1: 24